Monday, August 4, 2014

Feeling Excited

I decided to talk to my 15 year old daughter yesterday about my decision to have weight loss surgery.  She is actually my step daughter, but she lives with me and my husband and she calls me Mom.  But anyway back to the story.  I went to pick her up from a friends house yesterday and she wanted a smoothie so we stopped to get one and sat outside on a picnic table.  We first started chatting about her upcoming 16th birthday party.  But then I told her about starting the process to have the surgery.  She was so excited that she was almost in tears.  I had no idea what a burden my weight had put on her.  She has been worried about me, worried that I won't be around for a long time.  Even though she didn't say this I am sure the other kids at her school have mentioned or she has probably overheard them say stuff about my weight.  I am positively elated that she is so supportive and happy about my decision.

This evening at 5:30 my BFF and I will attend the weight loss seminar at Georgetown Hospital.  I am excited to get more and updated information.  They said they could get started on my paperwork once I attend the session and I have already submitted my paperwork via email.  I know that weight loss surgery will not completely change my life and won't make me completely happy.  But I feel that it will change certain aspects of my life.  I am so excited to be on this journey and so happy to have so much support.  Here's to the new me...

No comments:

Post a Comment